Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Snow Globe Mania!


I live in a condo (you remember this photo, don't you?). People in my cookie-cutter little neighborhood are uber-jazzed about the holidays, and have started decorating their so-called lawns (really just tiny stretches of grass) and front stoops. You all know my opinion on holiday decorations, so I haven't put my festive tokens on display quite yet.

This weekend I drove by a neighbor's house and was astonished to find he/she/they had managed to somehow squeeze four of those huge inflatable snow globes onto the front "yard." It was unlike anything I'd ever seen before. I mean, of course I'd noticed houses that go hog wild so-to-speak around the holidays, but this grass is literally four feet long and 2 feet deep.

Tonight I grabbed the camera, determined that the pup and I would capture an image of this insanity for your enjoyment. I walked around for awhile, and could not find the yard. "Silly Natalie," I thought to myself, "You are just getting confused because every single street looks exactly the same. Walk around a bit more. This was not a figment of your imagination."

I finally found it. Clearly the gatekeepers that are our condominium law enforcement made the holiday-happy neighbors remove the monstrosities from the lawn. They must have broken some policy I never bothered to memorize. Instead, all four snow globes are prominently squeezed into the tiny windows. This I decided was actually a better, albeit darker, picture. Go ahead and click on it to get the full effect.

P.S. Happy Birthday Rach.

----------------
Now playing: The Killers - This River Is Wild

0 comments: