Thursday, November 15, 2007

Guest Post: 2 Legit












Does anyone know how hard it is to impress your colleagues at a 90s party? I have been begging Natalie to help me with this situation, but it is the one topic she refuses to natter about. If you read this blog religiously, you know who I am and that I started going to a new school. (It's subtle, but you can pick all that out of this summer's posts alone.) At said school, I've found myself wallowing in a sea of straight-cut conservatives who don't find my jokes funny and tend to be generally creeped out by me! Natalie will vouch for my otherwise effortless conversing skills and approachable manner.

I've recently fallen in favor of the "cool kids." They are outgoing, they wear righteous thrift store clothes, and somehow still have the faculties to succeed in our classes. They invited me to a 90s Party this weekend, costume required. I have put off the costume designing process until the night before (something the cool kids would never do) and am stuck between basically two choices: the inevitable Zach Morris, or the slightly obscure Encino Man. See their respective images as pictured.

I've brought this dilemma up countless times now to N. Natalie, and she's repeatedly dodged the question. The gravity of this decision is not apparent to her, I guess. The wrong choice here could ruin my chances of achieving my dream life--cool friends, nonstop fun, ummm not-so-straight-cuts?

In reality since I only have one go at the thrift store before Judgment, it's out of both our hands. The Powers That Be in Second Hand Land will decide the course of my next four years at this school. With my track record, I won't be surprised if this is the last theme party invitation I get. Nor will I be too terribly disappointed.

Guest Blogger signing out; let's bump knuckles please.

\m/\m/

0 comments: